iBody Health Calculator, is free mobile BMI calculator application. iBody Health Calculator application calculate BMI, Waist-to-hip ratio, Frame size calculation, Ideal weight calculation, and Target Heart rate calculation in your mobile phone, whenever and wherever you want. Watch your weight! And analyze your health, strength, and fitness using iBody Health mobile Calculator application.
Are you at a healthy weight for your height? You're working out and eating right but are you really in shape? iBody mobile Calculator application, can help you to know for sure. iBody Calculator mobile application let you to calculate five most fitness calculations widely used by healthcare professionals to determine if you are physically fit; BMI (Body Mass Index); Waist-to-hip ratio; Frame size calculation; Ideal weight calculation; and Target Heart rate calculation.
BMI (Body Mass Index):
Body Mass Index is used to indicate if you are normal, overweight, obese, or underweight.
How to calculate?
Just enter their Height, Weight and select if the units of measurement and determine the value of your Body Mass Index.
18.5 – 24.9
25.0 – 29.9
30.0 & Up
A healthy BMI is between 20 and 25. A result below 20 indicates that you may be underweight; a figure above 25 indicates that you may be overweight.
Measuring your waist-to-hip ratio is an easy way to see how much weight you are carrying around your abdomen as opposed to around your hips.
What is a good ratio?
Men should aim for a ratio of less than 1.0 and women should stay below 0.8.
How to measure:
Measure your waist with a non-stretchable measuring tape at the narrowest point between the bottom of your ribcage and your hip bones. Tension should be firm but not pulled so tightly as to compress the tissue underneath. Measure your hips at the widest point around your buttocks.
Frame size calculation:
The Wrist Method:
The standard method is to measure the circumference of your wrist just above the bone.
The Elbow Breadth Method:
You can also calculate your frame size by measuring the breadth of your elbow. This method tends to be more accurate than the wrist method, but it is a little more complex. Use the instructions below to achieve a proper measurement.
How to measure:
- Extend your arm forward so that it is horizontal and parallel to the ground.
- Bend your elbow so your forearm is at 90º to the ground.
- Please the forefinger and thumb of your other hand on either side of your elbow joint.
- Use your forefinger and thumb as a gauge to determine your elbow breadth by measuring the gap between them with a ruler.
Ideal weight calculation:
Maintaining a healthy weight is important to help avoid the health risks associated with being underweight, overweight or obese. Remember that your personal ideal weight will depend on whether you are a man or a woman, and whether you have a light, medium or heavy-set body frame.
How to calculate?
The ideal weight calculator uses your height, gender and frame size to help determine a healthy weight range for you. To determine your frame size put your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small frame; if your fingers touch, you have a medium frame; if your fingers do not touch, you have a large frame.
Target Heart rate calculation:
This calculator will help you estimate a healthy heart rate range for maximizing the health benefits of aerobic exercise.
Determine Your Resting Heart Rate:
Determine your Resting Heart Rate (RHR) by measuring your pulse as soon as you wake up. Do this 3 mornings in a row, then take the average of the three.
Calculated Maximum Heart Rate:
Subtract your age from 220 to obtain an estimate for your Maximum Heart Rate. For example, if you are 30 years old, your calculated Maximum Heart Rate would be 190 beats per minute (220 - 30 = 190). If you know your true maximum heart rate, simply remove the calculated figure and insert your own number.
- FREE Registration, application download & installation
- NO HIDDEN cost & complex installation process
- NO hassles to download JAR files
- Easy-to-use for non-professional mobile users
- Compatible with all Java/WAP supported mobile phones, Symbians, PDAs, Pocket PCs, and Smartphones
- Analyze your health, strength, and fitness
- BMI (Body Mass Index) calculator
- Waist-to-hip ratio calculator
- Body Frame size calculator
- Ideal weight calculator
- Target Heart rate calculator
- Units can be weigh in pounds and kilogram units
- Calculated result score suggestion
- Help provided with each calculator
- Email and share calculated result with your co-workers, family & friends